In 1958 Gilbert took the Floodlight Tower accessory and added some action to it in the form of Gabe the Lamplighter. At the push of a button, Gabe takes a step up the ladder on the framework of the floodlight tower. When Gabe reaches the top, the floodlights come on.
The Gilbert American Flyer HO product line introduced the No. 35210 Rotating Radar Tower in 1962. This product was also made by the Ideal company for Gilbert. In addition to the built up version, the Rotating Radar Tower also came in kit form as the No. 35273 in the HO product line.
Completing the tower product line produced by Colber for Gilbert American Flyer is the No. 774 Floodlight Tower. The tower deck of the Gilbert American Flyer No. 774 Floodlight Tower that was produced by the Colber Corporation included four separately aimable lights.
Along with the No. 769 Revolving Aircraft Beacon, the No. 772 Automatic Water Tower and the No. 774 Flood Light Tower, Gilbert American Flyer introduced the No. 773 Oil Derrick in 1950. Like the others the Oil Derrick was manufactured by the Colber Corporation and packaged in Gilbert American Flyer packaging.
The Gilbert American Flyer No. 772 Automatic Water Tower was introduced in 1950 to provide water pressure for the Gilbert American Flyer community. Along with the No. 769 Revolving Aircraft Beacon, the No. 774 Floodlight Tower and the No. 773 Oil Derrick, the No. 772 Automatic Water Tower was manufactured for Gilbert by the Colber Company.
Gilbert American Flyer added towers to the product line in 1951. The towers were actually produced by the Colber Company (a maker of toy train accessories) and several other Colber manufactured products were also introduced to the Gilbert American Flyer catalog in 1951, including bridges, and a pedestrian overcrossing.